Painting Tulips in Acrylics
Learn how to use craft acrylics to create life-like still life paintings
Welcome to Painting Tulips in Acrylics, taught by Colleen Jorgensen, and offered exclusively through The Graphics Fairy!
In 1995, I picked up a paint brush, and have been a decorative artist ever since! For the last 23 years, I have worked with a variety of artistic media and truly found my calling with acrylic paints. The acrylic painting technique I enjoy teaching most involves using multiple layers of color with a top coat to achieve realistic highlights and shadows.
In this course, you will learn how to apply this layering method to your projects, while perfecting skills, including:
* how to trace a pattern on a surface
* how to prepare the canvas background, including glazing
* how to layer color to achieve highlights and shadows
* how to properly base coat and top coat a painting
* how to use color to add depth to your painting
To demonstrate these techniques, I have prepared a project for us to work through, step-by-step. You will be amazed how this process can help you achieve gorgeous, lifelike results for your art.
This method and course is completely approachable for the beginning painter. I love that the investment in art supplies for this course is very minimal compared to other painting techniques or artistic pursuits. You will need an 11"x14" canvas, a minimum of two or three different size brushes, and a few decorative acrylic paints, which cost around $2 each. I stress using a limited number of colors for our sample project; you will not need to purchase expensive tube acrylics, or buy a large variety of colors.
I want you to relax and have FUN! I first work up our project in sections on paper, so you can see the techniques demonstrated in individual large sections and practice them before moving on to the canvas. I have also carefully selected this composition. I feel that this specific flower and composition gives you plenty of opportunity to practice and perfect highlighting and shading on straight and curved objects.
Aside from the tips within each video, I have also prepared some special bonus videos that go more in depth on topics my students ask about:
* my favorite way to keep brushes clean & colors true while painting
* how to handle a mistake or paint blob
* the best way to clean & store your brushes
Already a painter? No problem! My goal is to help you see your artwork in a new way, and perfect your craft. Remember, you can transfer these techniques to any subject matter you desire! When you have completed the tulip project, transfer the basics you have learned to YOUR favorite subjects and add your own artistic flair. I really think you will fall in love with this method!
I am optimistic that this course will ignite or renew your passion for acrylic painting, and after learning a few simple techniques, you will feel ready to tackle any subject matter you can think of!
Do not worry. I have your back, and I will be encouraging you every step of the way!
I am so pleased with my new course. But please don't take my word for it....hear what my customers & art students are saying...
- After taking Colleen's classes I can now paint anything I want! Her layering process makes it so easy and I love my new hobby! ~ Joy E.
- I was a total beginner before taking Colleen's class, but she was incredibly helpful to all of us. Now I am able to paint all kinds of paintings after only a few classes! ~ Penny J.
- I had experience but I found this Colleen's layering method really fun and I now use it whenever I paint with acrylics. ~ Jean R.
Colleen picked up a paint brush in 1995, and has been a decorative artist ever since. Colleen spends her time working on commissioned portraits, painting murals, teaching art students, and sharing her adventures in life & art on her blog, Just Paint It.